Geburtstagseinladung zu besonderen Zeiten...

This forum is dedicated to learning German (Deutsch) easily
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hello guys, today we are going to write a birthday invitation. You know, now we are in the middle of Corona pandemic. But even though you are desperate to celebrate your birhtday with your friends and don't want to miss it. This time you are going to celebrate it in a very special way, let's start:

Liebe Lisa,

Du weisst, dass mein Geburtstag letzten Monat war, doch ich konnte Dich und unsere Freunde leider nicht einladen, da mein Großvater sehr krank war und ich doch sehr an ihm hänge. Er hatte ernsthafte gesundheitliche Probleme. Jetzt geht ihm wieder besser und er ist Zuhause. Aus diesem Grund möchte ich meinen Geburtstag am Samstag den 17.10. nach feiern. Aber, es wird keine klassische Geburtstagsfeier sein, sondern diesesmal eine virtuelle Party.

Du bist überrascht...

Na ja, mein Vater ist stark dagegen das ich euch alle zu uns nach Hause einlade. Eine Party zu machen während der aktuellen „Coronapandemie“ ist ihm viel zu riskant. Deshalb habe ich einen neuen Plan geschmiedet, um euch alle online zu treffen. Und hier habe ich etwas Besonderes für Euch.

Wir essen alle zusammen, online !!!

Ich werde dein Lieblingsessen online bestellen und das wird Dir am Samstagabend um 19.00 Uhr geliefert. Wir werden dann alle zusammen essen, reden & lachen, nur halt virtuell. Ist das auch für Dich eine tolle Idee!? Dann lass es mich bitte wissen, was du essen möchtest: Pizza, Kebab, Mexikanische, Asiatisch & vieles mehr. Schreib mir einfach detailliert dein Lieblingsessen & Lieblingslieferant, z.B. Pizza unter anderm, welche Art, groß oder klein, mit & ohne Käse...

Zusammen sind wir zu siebent. Ich bin sehr neugierig & kann unseren Abend kaum erwarten.

Vergisst bitte nicht dein Essen bei mir bis Freitag zu bestellen !

In diesem Sinne alles Liebe, bis Samstag.

Dein David

Now, get an English version:

Birthday invitation at special times ...

Dear Lisa,

You know that my birthday was last month, but unfortunately I could not invite you and our friends because my grandfather was very sick, and I am very much attached to him. He had serious health problems. Now he's feeling better and he's at home. So I would like to celebrate my birthday and it will be on Saturday, October 17th. But, it won't be a classic birthday party, this time a virtual party.

You are surprised ...

Well, my father is strongly against inviting you all to our home. To have a party during the current "Corona pandemic" is far too risky for him. So I made a new plan to meet you all online. And here I have something very special for you.

We all eat together, online !!!

I will order your favorite food online and it will be delivered to you on Saturday evening at 7 p.m. We'll all eat, talk & laugh together, just virtually. Is that a great idea for you too!? Then please let me know what you would like to eat: Pizza, Kebab, Mexican, Asian & much more. Just let me know your favorite food & preferred supplier in detail, e.g. Pizza, among other things, what kind, big or small, with & without cheese ...

There will be seven of us together. I am very curious & can hardly wait for our evening, so please don't forget to order your meal to me by Friday!

Having this in mind, all the best until Saturday.

Yours David

Special Thanks: My very special thanks go to my neighbour Mr. Rene Sommer, for his time and kind patience to read, correct and edit the whole invitation saga, without which it would be a mess :-)